The complete attack animation canceling was a game bug leading to uncontrolled attack speed increases of weapons. In such terms, the weapon parameter 'attack speed' loses its value, and that is wrong because all the weapons were balanced with its attack speed taken into account and we want it to be an important aspect of the game's combat system. Nevertheless, we understand that stutter step is endeared by many because it allows a skilled player to be more efficient. Thus in our 1.1.0 update, we did not completely cut it out of the gameplay (yes, you can still stutter step successfully), yet some restrictions on its use are imposed. Now it is impossible to cancel animation right after the damage is dealt, you have to wait a certain short time depending on weapon's attack speed. Animation canceling gets more challenging as you need to execute it at a certain time to make it work: after the time when it cannot be canceled has passed, but before the full attack animation is performed. In this sense, new mechanics requires even more skills and certain weapon practice from the player.
Articles in this section
- Will we have to start the game from the beginning when the game is released after the beta?
- What happens if my character dies?
- Will cheaters be punished?
- How can I find a Night Cache?
- Why have you given enemies the ability to remember who attacked them when returning into a location with the 1.0.5 update?
- What happened to the stutter step after the 1.1.0 update?
- How does the Stealth Potion work?
- How does the Scroll of Terror work?
- How do I get Treasure of the Damned event?